Crane Electronic ignition

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crane Electronic ignition
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:00:21 -0500
Well, I got my module today from VB.

I thought  I was going to get that rotary wheel thingy, but  I guess not.
How much would it be to get one of those?

I'm a little bit confused by the directions. On the unit itself, there's 3
wires going into a "molex" connector, which my car doesn't have. And then
another harness that has stickers on it saying "magnetic pickup" with 2
spade connectors, with a black and red wire.

Yet, the directions show the Molex 3-wire connector going to the
distributor.  Then it shows 2 seperate red and yellow wires going to the
coil.  The red and yellow wires on my unit go to this funky "molex"
connector. Seems a bit backwards.

I'm assuming I have the red and black wires go striaght to the distributor,
after i attach the funky(and included) black connector. Then I have to pull
off that molex connector, and connect the red and yellow wires to the
appropriate terminals to the coil.

Am i correct in this? I've got a '79 with a CEI amplifier, which i have
concluded is dead.

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net
now with fortified commentaries