Re: 1500 Front Licence Plate Location

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 1500 Front Licence Plate Location
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:10:01 -0400

> For those of you in Canada or states with front license plates, to what do
> you attach the front plate on a 1974 Spitfire1500? I have recently
acquired
> one and I find two holes in the bottom side of the front bumper that are
> correctly spaced but are horizontal holes rather than the needed vertical
> holes. I noticed that the 1975's and newer had a plinth for the plate. Was
> this also used on the 1974's? TIA

My '71 has holes drilled into the front of the bumper, but I gave up on that
spot, just because I didn't like seeing the plate sticking out front like
that.  I bought a $5 trailer license plate bracket from Canadian Tire and
mounted it way down below the grille - it hits curbs if I'm not careful, but
it looks better and doesn't block the Rad.

Luke
'71 Spit - "Fireball"
London, Ont, Ca.