Are the TR gods trying to tell me something?

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Are the TR gods trying to tell me something?
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:21:40 -0500
I had an interesting experience this morning.  On my way home from the bank
(taking out, not putting in) I was waiting for the light to change.  A SUV
pulled up on my right, and the driver asked me "what year is that one?"  I
replied '74, to which he said he had a 71 GT6 that he was looking to sell.
Hmmm, I said, how much do you want for it?  "Oh, 5 or 6 hundred.  It needs
work?"  Don't they all. I thought.  Anyway, I'm going over to look at it
tomorrow.  I was thinking a GT6 would be a fun project.  We'll see how it
looks.

So, on to the questions:  Are there any special areas that are different
from a Spit on a GT6 that I should be looking at?  Engine issues?  I'm don't
know if it's rotoflex (just what is rotoflex, anyway).  Are there concerns
if it is?  I'm assuming all the standard Spit problems - floors, rockers,
etc. are the same on a GT6.

The last question is: What are the odds of sitting at a light and having a
guy offer to sell you the type of car you've been looking for?  And at a
price you can consider?  I don't know if I'll buy the car, but it's fun to
think about.

Maybe it's FATE!

BillG
1974 Spitfire