it runs! - couple questions

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: it runs! - couple questions
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:21:20 -0500
After over a month of not starting and me scratching my head. it finally
starts, with over $400 in new parts for the ignition system(Crane).

Eventually it was a yellow and white wire that connects the starter motor
relay and coil together. I SWORE this wire used to be taped off and
disconnected previously. That's probably why it didn't start. Hmm. Makes me
wonder how the car started before.

Anyways, with the new Crane box setup and stuff, the tachometer doesn't work
now. According to the directions, I have to directly hook up a wire between
the coil(negative?) and the tachometer itself. but then again, the diagrams
listed on the crane instructions are a bit backwards to start with.

Any advice? this is a '79, and I can't for the life determine what coloring
of wires(and how many) go to the tachometer, nor where it is suppsoed to go
to now, since it has the Crane box on it.

Perhaps I should be just thankful that it runs now. I'll get the journal
updates up soon.

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net
now with fortified commentaries