Re: License Plate Bracket

To: "Mitchell, Doug \(D.B.\)" <dmitchel@ford.com>,
Subject: Re: License Plate Bracket
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:15:40 -0400
Mitchell, Doug (D.B.) wrote:

> Last week, Keith Stewart asked about these for a MkIV/1500
> Spit. I replied that I had bought a set through the dealer
> in the UK. Although I am not as old as Joe Curry, my memory
> is going before his. I looked for the part number for theses
> brackets in my parts book over the weekend and had no luck.
>
> So, I must apologize for saying that. Either I bought them
> from a US dealer, or I simply did as BillG suggested and
> bought a couple of pieces of angle iron and made a set.
>
> Sorry for misleading anyone.

One of the reasons Doug first gave for not being able to locate these, was
the state of his garage since he never throws anything out...ME TOO. When I
started digging around on my basement workbench, I found a pair of 1" x 1"
angle brackets that looked like they were made for the job. The one side of
the "L" had a hole the same diameter as the holes in the underside of the
bumper and the other side othe "L" had an oval opening that will allow for
some adjustment of the plate....done!

Thanks for your suggestions.
Cheers
Keith