EGR [was Re: Zenith Stromberg CD150]

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: EGR [was Re: Zenith Stromberg CD150]
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:39:37 -0700
Just thought I should point out that clogging is only one
of several possible failure modes for an EGR. The other most common
one being that the rubber stuff in the vacuum related parts goes bad.
You can use silicon gasket goo on that, but it usually doesn't
last to long.

So if the vacuum portion holds a good vacuum, then there
is a good chance that carb cleaner will make it work again.

In fact, I know a fellow who bought a nice low-miles 80's toyota
for $500 because it wouldn't pass smog (which is required
for registration here in CA), and that was all that
was needed.

--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com
If that doesn't work:        rfm(at)portalofevil.com