Re: Exhaust/Cat Converter

To: weberjm@teleport.com
Subject: Re: Exhaust/Cat Converter
From: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:56:53 -0700
John,

Perhaps Reid and Alan can also help.  My experience with DEQ is they are
stupid, and simply go by the exhaust coming out of the tail pipe.  They
have never impressed me with their knowledge of any car.  Indeed, my 85
Crysler New Yorker passed about 5 months ago, and it's been over a year
since it was tuned, and it was running lousy to boot, I just took it thru
to see how bad it was before tackleing the job, and they surprised me and
passed it.

IE:  I don't think they'd know if the converter was to be there or not.

For those not in Oregon, DEQ is the polution tester for cars in Oregon.

Brad

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.