Re: Hylomar Gasket Sealer

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hylomar Gasket Sealer
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:55:42 -0400
Doug wanted to know:

>Has anyone ever used Permatex Hylomar gasket sealer?
>Is there anything special about it?
>I go to Pep Boys and look at the shelf with all the Permatex products,
>and I am overwhelmed...

I've used it and just about every other Permatex product, mainly
because when I go to the local Advance Auto, they are usually
out of what I want so I just buy whatever is on the rack.

It's worked fine for me.

>What would YOU put on the gasket between the head and the water pump housing,
>especially if you were expecting to remove it in a few months?

I've used their blue goo for waterpump work (don't recall
offhand which product that is) and the yellow stuff for
everything else. Can't recall what the yellow stuff is called
by the company, but my son calls it "gorilla snot".

Regards,

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC