Holbrook EFI System

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Holbrook EFI System
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:53:30 -0700 (PDT)
Well it seems that I have got a lot of peoples
attenton with my comment of EFI.  THis is what my
brother, Tim Holbrook and my self Mark Holbrook plan
on doing.  YOu will have to excuse me for the lack of
details for my brother has all the info at college.
THis is what we are going to do..

1)  First I will set up my car like Tim's TR6.  THis
includes head work done by Richard Good of Goodparts
(goodparts.com) and the matching street cam.  THis cam
is very close tothe stage 2 cam of Mr. Kastner, the
original "triumph Badass" who set up the Lemans cars.

2)  Next I will remove that sloppy old distrubutor and
install the coil packs which were going to be
purchased from Electromotive (check out grassroots
magazine, my bible).  Since then my brother has found
something which is even better and is fully compatible
with the3 EFI unit in mind.  THis ignition system is
far superior to distributors.

3)  Now for the mother of all modifications.  Again
I'm hot sure of the manufacturer of the EFI unit but
this is a fully programmable (in car, while driving,
comes with a hand held computer) injection system
which will alone without other engine mods add
significant performance and  efficiency.  One small
problem is that there is no manifold with the kit.  We
do have a trick up out sleves however.  We are still
looking into the idea of having one throttle body like
modern day cars today (with 6 injectors of course), or
going with a ferrari approach and having 6 throttle
bodies with 6 injectors.  We are still in the decision
process.

4)  Last is getting a Rimmer Bro header and of course
installing an O2 sensor with air fuel meter gauge.
The header will be ceramic coated for heat reduction.
I will tell you that this whole process will not be
started until around this time next year, maybe a bit
later due to fundings and school.  This will definatly
be accomplished, but please be patient.  I expect that
the whole operation of steps 1-4 will be about
$3000-$3500.

Mark Holbrook
1969 GT6+ Convertable

=====