Transporting tub

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transporting tub
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:25:01 -0700
Hello fellow listers.  I've pretty much decided to take the solid tub I
recently purchased into a professional body shop for prep and paint.  I've
narrowed it down to two or three places, but I don't have a way of getting
the tub there for an estimate and nobody will come here to give me a quote.
So it looks as thought I'll be renting a flatbed or something to cart this
thing around all one afternoon.  Would the tub fit in the back of a large
pickup truck?  Or is the aforementioned flatbed the way to go.

How many guys will be required to load/unload this thing?  Currently, it's
sitting on (but not bolted to) the chassis.  I was just thinking that I'd
prefer to lift off the tub and load it up for transport.   TIA

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
The Vintage Spitfire Forum -- moderated and friendly
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/spitforum.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!