RE: Spit broken wheel stud - Help!

To: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>,
Subject: RE: Spit broken wheel stud - Help!
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:55:51 -0500
Stephane,

I don't believe the TR3 wheel stud will help.

Ask the shops if they have a wheel stud for a TR7.  It will fit in the hub,
you'll have to buy the matching lug nut,  the Spit is 3/8"x24 tpi, TR7 was
7/16"x20.... or metric?  For some reason some suppliers want to sell metric
lugs and/or studs for the TR7.

And yes, despite the difference in stud diameters the wheels swap between
the cars with no problems.  Been there, done that.

I do have a few stock Spit studs in "good" shape... but the shipping will be
a killer!

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas