RE: Header fit, hanging above the Frame!

To: "Dummer, Dan" <Dan.Dummer@BestBuy.Com>,
Subject: RE: Header fit, hanging above the Frame!
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
I just got mine, also fabbed in Mexico.
Not sure about the stock fit, but I'm not really
worried, since I'm going to chop it up to build my
turbo header.
I will say that the mating face looks fairly good. The
tubes were welded all around the flange on the mating
side, and then the bead was machined flat, but not
flush with the header flange, maybe to within 1/16".
This results in a raised area about 1/4" wide that
encircles each port. It ought to concentrate the
clamping force, meaning fewer leaks (!?)

Oh well, if the project goes well, I'll post pictures.

Carter

http://mail.yahoo.com/