Re: Shocks Choice

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shocks Choice
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:22:35 -0700
DT Gebhard wrote:

> Listers:
>     I'm going to replace the front shocks before I get an alignment. Which
> would you chose...standard or uprated(It'll be KYB's for cost
> considerations)...
>         Dave Gebhard

I got the Monroe stock replacements (rear) and they felt mushier
than the 30 year old stockers. They were practically free, so I
didn't complain too much, but I wouldn't recommend them.
I had KYB's in another car (240Z) and they were definatly an
improvement on whatever worn-out thing was there before. Hard to
say if that was because they were KYB or just that they were new.

--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com
If that doesn't work:        rfm(at)portalofevil.com