oh oh oh!

To: "Spitfire \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: oh oh oh!
From: "JM Weber" <weberjm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:21:42 -0700
Installed the Crane (Allison) x700 in my Lucas DE4 today.  This to fix the
intermittent dying problem.

1.  Be careful what kit you buy, and what dizzy you have.  I had to
homologate the instructions to make the silly thing (in the distributor)
fit, and I took several cross-steps to avoid setting the timing marks on the
motor prior to.

2.  Wired in very easy, complete with the best explanation of the Lucas
ignition wiring I've ever read.

After about 10 seconds of cranking, it started to honk, and after a little
bit of chuffing, and a twist of the dizzy, I have a solid running idle.
Waaay better than ever before.

Let it get hot and set the carb up pretty good.  I haven't driven it yet,
but it blaps to 4000 pretty easy, no smoke, only a little hesitation off the
dead idle.

I'm gonna stuff it through DEQ (Oregon) just to see what they say.  Who
knows.  I don't need a catalytic converter, and I don't think they'll open
the hood.  I just might pass.

Ha!  I'm quite happy with myself.  Now, on to the alignment shop (again).

John
'75 Spit