Body work Preparation.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body work Preparation.
From: "Jason Tilley" <jtilley@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 10:54:19 -0500

With all the talk about welding body panels, I'm just trying to get a census
on what other peoples procedures have been in the past in restoring cars.

        I'm wondering if it is better to
                a) get the body sandblasted
                                or
                b) get the body chemically dipped

        Also should the areas to be replaced (rusted floors) first, or should
it be
done after the sandblast / chemical dip? and one last question -is it worth
while having the frame and certain other parts Powder coated?

        While I realize that there is NO golden Rule, I'm just trying to get
some
input to make my restoration easier. I just pulled the body off my 76 1500,
(very light I must add)and wanted to make life as easy as possible.

Thanks for everyone's input,

Jason Tilley.