76 Spit Restoration

To: nass@egroups.com
Subject: 76 Spit Restoration
From: <bauguesh@abcs.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:48:52 GMT
Hello listers,

I am restoring my 76 Spit onto another frame. The original frame has been eaten
away by rust. I have been photographing my progress and posting it to my
geocities website. The most recent posting is
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/9737/spit-frame2.html

The Spitfire pages start at
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/9737/spitfirepage.html

I am looking for any info, insider tricks and tips to help the change out go as
smooth as possible. I have purchased new motor mounts, transmission mounts, and
body mounts from British Parts Northwest (in Oregon) and hope to pull the tub
off this coming weekend.
If you have any suggestions for a novice spit mechanic, I would appreciate
any and all of your input and opinions.

My goal is to have the car done and road ready again (it was running fine up to
yesterday when I started disassembly) in time for the British Car Days in
Indianapolis IN on Sept 29-Oct 1.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Howard Baugues
76 Spitfire 1500 "Little Red"
W. Terre Haute, IN

Thank you for using ABCS Online Mail Service.
http://webmail.abcs.com/