Re: Welding Spit body panels

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Welding Spit body panels
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:33:46 -0400
I am glad to know my attitude is so valuable to you.  Please remit the $20
payment. :-)

The facts were given to you before, you chose to ignore them (couldn't
understand them?).
I thought I'd try sending you to other experts instead, but you seem to find
that frightening
for some unfortunate reason.

So I'll again remand you to a source, this time complete with pictures.  I
shan't mention
its expertise, sonce that seems to repel you.
Go to the library and get from the reference desk the
Metals Handbook
by the American Society for Metals
Volume 6, Welding, Brazing, and Soldering
Don't worry about which edition it is.

If making things up about me makes you feel better, please, go ahead and
continue.
It's valuable for some kinds of folks.  But if you ever chose to come back to
reality for
a visit some time, you'll notice that I simply have pointed out to you, quite
factually
(and verifiably) that welding is not the end all be all of joining metals.
That it is not
"natural" as you claim, that it is not the strongest joint possible as you
claim, and that
it is not inherently easy or simple to do well.

And as a btw, I'd certainly take a well riveted body over a poorly welded one,
any day of the week.