Re: Timing for hopped-up engine

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: Timing for hopped-up engine
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:50:49 -0700 (PDT)
Doug,
Look in the Comp Manual for total advance.
I used to run 33-35 degrees in a race-prepped 1147,
but since the combustion chamber is different in a
1296, it depends.

If you have access to a chassis dyno, that's the best
way to find out.

But you can sneak up on it a degree at a time.

Good luck,

Carter Shore
--- Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou