Re: Weber installation

To: "Karl J. Schmitt" <kjschmitt@jcn.net>,
Subject: Re: Weber installation
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:05:24 -0400
Great work, Karl. I just had to run out the garage to re-measure mine, even
though the carb is off the engine now. I'll make a small amendment to my
original 3/4" and say that it is maybe 7/8", but certainly not 1 5/8". Mine just
doesn't visually seem like the same offset as in Paul's pics. Even looking at
the top of his air filter to the top of the valve cover it seems that they are
nearly level. My air filter definitely stood up higher.

Dave Moag has sent in his estimate of 1 1/4" for his Cannon manifold offset. It
would appear that the Cannon may have slightly less droop than the Pierce but
more than mine. If I can get a confirmation from other Cannon users, I'll settle
on the Pierce on get one on order. Ouch! $159.

Many thanks, Karl, for your extra effort.

Vic W.