Re: 4-2-1 Exhaust Header

To: "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@home.com>,
Subject: Re: 4-2-1 Exhaust Header
From: "Bill Munts" <bmunts@iol-12.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:40:18 -0500
Hi Vic,

I have talked with many people regarding exhaust and headers.  All that I
have spoken with recommend the 4-2-1 header for torque (lower RPM power) and
the 4-1 header for high RPM power.  My car has a 4-1 header that I don't
like very much.  I believe the cast iron manifold flowed better at lower
RPM's than this header.  I recently installed a Maniflow exhaust on the car
and really like it (sounds great).  APT sells the Maniflow exhaust and
header (4-2-1).  Next year I'll get the header from APT.  BTW I have no
interest in APT but I think they know what they are talking about.  Make
sure you decide what it is you want the car to do and then make a plan.
That way you'll avoid buying this twice (first the mistake and then the
correct part....I know this well).

Good Luck

Bill Munts
'70 Mk3 Spitfire