D-type overdrive available-other parts too

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: D-type overdrive available-other parts too
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 22:09:00 EST
Greetings all,
I haven't been on the Spit list much lately as I've purchased a 64 Jaguar
E-type roadster.  I'm still planning on finishing my Mk1 Spit although now it
looks more like 2002 or 3.
As a result I'm giving up on my Spit 2, 3, and IV projects, and probably
delaying the 73 Spit 1500 until 2004 or 5.  I've got some really neat parts
to sell, but am very busy right now with work and the new OTS.  Eventually
I'll probably put most of the goodies on ebay but am offering a few things
here first.
1)  A D-type OD that you can add to your tranny.  This unit is missing the
oil pump cam and is disassembled.  These units are relatively easy to work on
if you read the manuals (including the parts about how they work).  This unit
includes the adapter plate and OD mainshaft.  I'd like to get at least $185
or best offer for it, if not I'll get a cam and put it together in a couple
years and sell it on ebay.  I've got 2 other D-types (one all syncro and one
non-syncro 1st) and a J-type, but they aren't for sale until I decide which
will go into the Mk1 and 73.

2)  An original removable luggage rack that mounts to the rear boot hinges.
This is actually for a TR4, but 2 little brackets can be cut off and it will
work on a Mk1-3 Spitfire.  It is missing the brackets that slide under the
boot hinges, but I have a template for you to make your own.  The chrome is
passable but poor and should be rechromed.  I'd like to get $40 OBO for it.

3) A Mk3 Spit (or Mk1-2 GT6) set of rear bumpers with full length
bumper/badge bar AKA nudge bar attached.  I bought this on ebay last winter
and paid $95.  No way I'd ever give this up if I were doing a  Mk3.  The
bumpers have excellent chrome and the bar does as well except for a small bad
spot  in an area that is diffcult to see.  $95 OBO.
All plus shipping.

I'd always dreamed of having a poker straight (1, 2, 3, IV, and 1500) of
Spitfires, but the XKE dream burns brighter.  If you're wondering about the
differences between the Spit and E-type, it's mainly in the power and
panache.  NOTHING beats the turning radius of a Spit for drivability, but
there's something about leaving copious amounts of rubber on the pavement in
2nd and 3rd gear that can't be had in a regular spit.  It's about a foot
wider, but not much longer, although the bonnet seems to go on forever.
There's much more boot space in a spit and its parts are 1/2 to 1/10 what you
have to pay for Jaguar stuff.  Most people don't even know the difference
between the 2 anyway.

Take care,
Bill Brockschmidt
7 Spits (soon 2 B 3)
64 Jaguar OTS
65 Jaguar S
(73 Buick Centurion 455ci Convertible-Gone to buy the Jag-but still in my
heart)
98 Park Avenue--she hates convertibles
94 Grand Voyager- business