Re: Spitfire Cams

To: CWNicholls@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire Cams
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 21:01:10 -0700
Please note I did not say that there were any Mk1's with cam bearings.  What I
said is that later in the 1147 production (which
continued through the Mk2) there was a change.

The Serial number that Rimmer quotes does put the start somewhere between the
end of the Mk1 and the early Mk2's.  Since typically
engine numbers are higher than the commission numbers due to factory spares and
engines sold to other manufacturers, it is difficult to
say where in the production the change actually took place.  The best thing to
do is check the engine number to determine if a
particular engine came with cam bearings.

Regards,
Joe