Re: Restoration

To: "Rich" <rhendrik@tampabay.rr.com>, "Spit" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoration
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:44:50 -0800
At 09:32 PM 11/12/2000 -0500, Rich wrote:

>Looking for some help from the list. I have a 63 mk1 and I'm wondering if I
>should leave the drive train as it is. I do have 2 1500 engines and 1
>overdrive that I could put in it. Witch is the preferred drive line?

        Well if I was opportunistic, I'd say that you want to keep all that
older
drivetrain intact and sell off those 'surplus' engines and overdrive
transmission for scrap value to me. :)  But then that wouldn't be honest
either. :)

        The preferred drivetrain appears to be a 1300 with overdrive or a 1500
non-smog with overdrive.  The overdrive transmission is one of the most
popular conversions out there.  I know I'd like to obtain such a
transmission myself.

-Vegaman Dan
-68 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |     ConiFur NorthWest 2000 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |