Re: Rear Spring Questions - swing spring tangent

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Spring Questions - swing spring tangent
From: Len Lubbers <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:35:53 -0500
Barry and the rest...

Consider me your friend and impress me.  What do you mean by "swing spring"?  I
have read other references to this unique feature.  How unique is it?  I
presume it has something to do with the geometry of wheel travel.  Can you
explain or direct me to a website which shows or discusses the rear
suspension.   It is the same on every model?  ( I understand earlier ones had
more leaves.)

By the way, I have had my rear spring out so I am familiar with what things
look like under there.  I added an additional spring to raise the tired rear
end (pun intended)

Len Lubbers
'79 Spitfire
Ottawa, Ontario