Re: Rear Spring Questions - swing spring tangent

To: Len Lubbers <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Rear Spring Questions - swing spring tangent
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:17:22 -0700
Len,
The swing spring is the fix to the wheel tuck that Triumph came up with for the
MkIV and 1500 models.  It consists of a spring mount
that allows the spring to rock from side to side rather than remain fixrd to
the differential.

It works but introduced significant body roll which had to be compensated for
by the addition of a larger swaybar on the front.

For older Spits (Mk1 through 3) the camber compensator was devised by Kas
Kastner to defeat the same problem.  It does so without the
by-product of additional body roll.

If you examine your spring mount, you will see the rocker box that allows the
spring to rock back and forth.

Regards,
Joe