Re: Transportation Help - Urgent

To: "Chris Taylor" <spitfire@worldchat.com>,
Subject: Re: Transportation Help - Urgent
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:59:08 -0800
Chris and Vic,

The transport was just under a year ago.  Had a horrible experience with AAA
Transport and a fantastic one with Wildwood Transport out of Wisconsin, I
believe.  Maybe Minnesota.  Can't recall.  AAA didn't follow through and
when I was legally able to cancel the contract, they dragged their heels for
WEEKS before they refunded my deposit.  It took several phone calls and a
few threatening faxes before they finally credited my Visa card about three
months later.  Wildwood, on the other hand, was a dream to deal with.  On
time, honorable and very pleasant.

My best advice -- go with the smaller companies that do their own work and
do NOT subcontract the job to independent drivers.

Also, AVOID any transport carriers that demand cash in advance, by way of
"deposit" or whatever else they want to call it.  There are plenty of good,
reputable carriers that won't ask for a dime until they deliver the car.

READ THE FINE PRINT ON THE CONTRACTS VERY CAREFULLY.  Disreputable companies
will out and out lie to get your business, then leave you out to dry once
they have your cash in hand.

I repeat, DO NOT PAY IN ADVANCE.  That's as plain a warning as I can give
you.  I'm not saying that EVERY company that demands a deposit in advance is
out to screw you, but once you give them the money, you're going to have to
take your chances and you've just given them the control of the transaction.

By the way, my e-mail is jmcneal@ohms.com

Good luck.

Jeff