MK2 tail lights and seat belts

To: Spitfires Digest <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: MK2 tail lights and seat belts
From: LT <llst@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 00:19:01 -0800
There appear to have been two styles of rear turn lamps used on the MK2.
One is the larger 3 inch Lucas lens (L691, same as the front turn lamp)
and the other the smaller 2 5/8 inch Lucas (L760). The Rimmer catalogue
lists only the smaller one. I am wondering what is out there on the cars
that are around. I am leaning to the larger one, although I only have
one. The Rimmer catalogue also indicates that backup lights were an
option. Has anyone seen these on a MK2?

Due to rust, I have had to replace my MK2 tub with a MK3 tub and was
wondering if someone can let me know how the inside seat belt strap is
held down. The MK3 tub has a hole over the frame, however the MK2 frame
does not have any holes in it at this location to accept the hold down
bolt.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Larry Ternowski
Surrey BC