Re: water pump

To: "Kaufman, Bob" <bkaufman@laquinta.com>
Subject: Re: water pump
From: flinters <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:36:33 -0800 (PST)
I'd leave it.  If it doesn't leak, it's not a hole you need to
plug.  Water pumps are not something you lubricate- they get their
lubrication partially from the coolant itself.  I suspect you're actually
seeing a weep hole, which will leak like the dickens when the seal in the
pump goes out.

That's the way it is on GM small blocks I tend to think it would be
similar on these as well.  Of course I could be totally wrong as well. :)

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *