GT6 gearbox options

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 gearbox options
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:22:13 -0600
Greetings, fellow listers!

I'm continuing to plan my attack on the GT6.  Originally it had OD, which
was removed at some point.  So I'm keeping my eyes out for a GT6 gearbox
with OD that I can afford.  Haven't found one yet - either affordable or
not.  Anyway, I'm looking for other options.  Would a TR6 unit fit?  What
mods would need to be made to make it work?  How about a TR7 or TR8 gearbox?
I have time to look around, but need to know what to look for. I don't want
to get into non-Triumph boxes unless it is easy - and as a last resort.

TIA, as always.

BillG
Etc.
Etc.