Re: Java Green (Was: Newbie Spitfire owner...)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Java Green (Was: Newbie Spitfire owner...)
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:40:33 -0700
> What's wrong with original Triumph Java green? Our Sputter, in its lovely
> Java green coat of paint, is one of the best looking Spits ever. Nowadays
> it's a rare colour, too, since almost all of you unbelievers have forsaken
> it for drab, gloomy darker greens or even red. Most younger kids (with
> their honest opinions) like it, so there.
>
> It's a *happy* colour, is Java Green, OK?!

I guess it's just a matter of taste-

Maybe, being a child of the 60s and 70s, Java reminds me of shag carpeting in
strange colours, mirrored tiles on the ceiling, and 'avocado' kitchen
appliances. Orange, green and yellow geometric patterned wallpaper.

I wasn't thrilled with 70s style clothes and colours back then-and I guess I'm
still not!

Nigel is dark BRG-but he's certainly not 'drab'!

Laura G.