Re: Java Green (Was: Newbie Spitfire owner...)

To: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine), <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Java Green (Was: Newbie Spitfire owner...)
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:40:03 +0100
At 12:40 28-11-2000 -0700, Laura Gharazeddine wrote:

>> It's a *happy* colour, is Java Green, OK?!
>
>I guess it's just a matter of taste-

Of course it's all down to taste - or the lack thereof. I like a BRG Spit
_almost_ as much as a Java green one.

>Maybe, being a child of the 60s and 70s, Java reminds me of shag carpeting
>in strange colours, mirrored tiles on the ceiling, and 'avocado' kitchen
>appliances. Orange, green and yellow geometric patterned wallpaper.
>I wasn't thrilled with 70s style clothes and colours back then-and I
>guess I'm still not!

Believe me, I don't like any of those things, either. But I do like happy
Java green. And so does BP (British Petroleum), by the way. ;-)

>Nigel is dark BRG-but he's certainly not 'drab'!

Of course Nigel's not 'drab'. The very thought. I didn't mean to offend
your Nigel. If I did, please convey my sincerest apologies to him. I'm very
sorry.

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands