Re: Web Site Taking Shape

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Web Site Taking Shape
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:23:59 -0500
Well worded, did I _ever_ get there...
We were there, but arrived a bit late!  I had topped up the transmission the
day before the show, and somehow managed to overfill it by a litre or so (I
SWEAR nothing was coming out of the fill plug!!) so I had tranny fluid
pouring out of the bellhousing drain onto the hot exhaust on the 401... my
"posse" in the Toyota behind me flagged me down at a rest stop... Long story
short, I thought I'd drained all the fluid out, so we made our way as far as
Ancaster before I decided enough is enough and tore the interior apart in
the parking lot of a Canada Trust (No, I didn't bring a jack), to find that
the fluid level had settled to PERFECT.

Post Script to this adventure being:  I'm glad I left my tranny without a
front seal as original, or I could have messed the tranny up in a major way!

Luke