Re: Chrome or black trim ?? comment? Parkerized

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: Re: Chrome or black trim ?? comment? Parkerized
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:28:08 -0500
Na, parkerization is flat and rather ugly.  Lots of my guns are
parkerized, and they aren't pretty like the black on my Spitfire trim.

Having had that trim off, I noticed that the coating is *not* on the
underside of the trim, that's shiny stainless (at least I think it
was).  This would preclude things like anodizing and such.  That leaves
as most likely some sort of spraying, like powder coating or an epoxy
paint like that used on appliances (ever try to strip paint off a
refrigerator door?).  This would make sense, since the appearance of the
black is identical on the stainless strips, and the little horseshoe
pot-metal pieces.  That wouldn't be the case with annodizing.