Re: Highway driving

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Highway driving
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:01:27 -0700
At 09:58 AM 5/17/01 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:

>Ray, That's where the "too Rich" carb setting comes in handy!  Just step
on the gas and blow black soot all over their front end!!

On one of the trucks a company I worked at had, was a starting fluid
injection system.  You'd press a button on the floor with your foot to
shoot into the diesel air intake, then crank the truck.  This was a nice
large commercial cabover truck with a 30 foot refrigerated box on the back.
 We didn't ever refill the the cannister though.

When I pulled up to a light and a car that had been tailgating me for a
long time would pull alongside the truck (driver's side), I would press the
button with the truck running.  That would lean out the mixture a ton
almost to the point that the truck would stall.  I'd do that for 10 seconds
or so, then release it.  The onboard computer system would try to
compensate by enriching the mixture all at once and it would blow out the
foulest, blackest, nasty smoke cloud that lingered low to the ground and
would envelop the car next to me.  If it was a convertible, all the better.
 :)  WHOOSH!

 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |

///