Re: Spit Spin

To: stiker2126@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Spit Spin
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 05:48:52 -0700
>Has anyone ever had a spit spin for no apparent
>reason?
Yes, way back when
In my case the rear spring had snapped/broke.  You might want to check the
main leaf, the one sandwiched between the plate and the diff case right at
the junction where it meets the case.  This on mine is what caused the
spin.  After that experience I have always radiused the sharp edge on any
diff casing I have where the spring mounts so as not to have a potential
source of stress and breakage again.  It's worked for twenty yeas now -