Re: Shocks

To: Tyler Buck <tpbuck@u.arizona.edu>
Subject: Re: Shocks
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 09:14:37 -0400
Hi Tyler,

I had bad luck with the "made in India" generics available from one of the
major suppliers. The shocks bound up, then leaked. And because they had
been purchased two years prior (albeit only 1000 miles) they could not be
exchanged or returned.

It is reported on the Lists that Monroes, while attractively priced, are
lacking in control -- many have been disappointed in them.  In fact a
fellow club member offered to GIVE me some OE shocks he had taken off a
parts car, said they would be better in his experience. (!) Check the
archives for what was reported.

So, I purchased KYBs last year.  They were almost double the price of the
generics but substantially less than Koni or Spax. They have been fine for
street use (I don't autocross as a rule).

YMMV

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA