Re: { NASS } Weber HELP!!!

To: nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: { NASS } Weber HELP!!!
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:31:11 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Brad.

I'm not sure how much this will help, and I'm not familiar with Webers
in any case, but the power to the choke mechanism is used to OPEN the
choke after the engine has started.  So electricity to the choke
mechanism is irrelevant, unless it's there all the time.

If the electric connection goes to a small cylindrical housing on the
outside of the carb, into which the choke shaft goes, I will guess
that the bimetallic spring inside of it is broken or otherwise
detached from either the choke shaft or a fixed location on the
housing.  When cool (without power applied,) the bimetallic spring
should allow the choke plate to close, which is its "natural"
position.  After starting, the electricity heats the bimetallic
element to open the choke up.  So no electricity (broken wire, engine
not running, ...) should close the choke -- clearly not your problem.

HTH.
Donald.