Hazard Light Indicator

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com,
Subject: Hazard Light Indicator
From: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:01:49 -0700
On my 79 Spit, under the emergency blinker knob, there is a "Hazard"
light indicator.  It is NOT on, unless I turn the headlights on, and then
it's on until I turn the headlights off.  All of the outside and inside
lights and other indicators are working.

What is this Hazard light trying to tell me?  I can't find it in my
owners manual, nor in my Bentley or Haynes.

Brad