Supercharger project

To: Spitfire Internet Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Supercharger project
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 11:28:18 -0700
After doing rudimentary cost estimates, I have decided to shelve the
supercharger project (at least for now).

Instead, I have taken on the transplantation of a Honda S2000
engine/transmission into Tiny Tim.

This will cost a bit more than what I estimated for the blower, but will
ultimately yield about 50 percent more horsepower (240) and a whole lot more
reliability.  The real bonus is that I will stay in the same class and enjoy 6
forward gears and about 140 more horsepower than what I currently
have.  I will report back when the project is completed as to how difficult it
is to perform this transplant.

One thing for sure, the fiberglass bonnet will need to grow a bubble, since the
dual overhead cam engine is about 3 inches taller than the Spit
engine.

Regards,
Joe Curry