Clutch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:33:11 +0100
Dear All,

Here's a new one - or a new one to me, anyway.

I got into Carly for the first time in five days just now, and fired her
up.   I'm happy to say that she started first time.   I'm not happy to
say that, at least initially, the clutch pedal didn't seem to be doing
anything.   I couldn't shift into any forward gear from neutral.   I did
manage to shift into reverse (with a bit of a "clang"), and from there
into first - but when I did, Carly crept forward, even though my left
foot was flat to the floor.   After a three-point-turn (in which I
stalled three times), all the problems suddenly seemed to disappear.

What's going on?   Is it a function of the incredible heat we're having
as "weather", or am I facing another major repair?

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"