No Spark

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: No Spark
From: "Jim Dwyer" <jim.dwyer@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:58:10 -0400
My '76 1500 won't start and I have done the spark plug test grounded on the
manifold and I do not get a spark.  I thing I have a bad coil.  I have checked
and there is a 12 V difference across the coil.  Can I try another coil or
does it have to be the right type for the car?  The suspect coil is a Lucas
and it is marked with SW on the negative terminal and CB on the positive
terminal.

Is there any other tests that I can do on the coil?  I have checked continuity
from + to - and it is OK.

The car has electronic ignition as well.

 Jim Dwyer
London, Ontario, Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/jim.dwyer/