Re: Looking for Drive Resister

To: Bob Coe <coeb@cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for Drive Resister
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 08:38:14 -0400
On my '79 the Drive Resistor  for the Lucas electronic ignition was mounted
on the rearward side of the air pump bracket.  The wires connecting to it
are plain white. The Resistor itself is a little finned aluminum affair
about two inches long with a "Lucar" (spade) connector sticking out of each
end.

When I installed a Crane ignition the drive resistor wires were no longer
used so I just insulated the ends and "buried" them in the harness.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA