Re: Seat reinforcement

To: "Chuck Pedretti" <chuckp@magenic.com>,
Subject: Re: Seat reinforcement
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:28:09 -0500
Chuck,
 I noticed your e-mail and checked later, to see if anyone replied. I didn't
see any response, but I have a question for you.
 My '73 had a very loose drivers seat. When I removed the seat, I noticed
the left front mount, to the base, was very loose. The bolt had been
replaced with a smaller diameter and longer one. After removing the base and
carpet, I discovered cracked metal, from the nut to the door sill and about
5" along the door sill. You say you welded the floor, I was unsure if I
should have the cracks welded from the top only, much easier, or top and
bottom.
 I think if the seat didn't wobble, the floor wouldn't crack.
 I didn't have rust around the nut area, but a little along the door sill
area.
Larry