Cooling system clean and repair

Subject: Cooling system clean and repair
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:03:46 +0100 (BST)
The job for this weekend is to fix my cooling system and replace all the
hoses.  What I plan to do is:

* JBWeld pitted connection for bottom hose
* Flush the system out with radiator cleaner liquid (Halfords own brand)
* Replace all rubber hoses
* Add Leak stopper to cooling system (Halfords own brand)
* See if leak (possibly water pump/engine gasket) is still leaking, if it
is then fix from outside using putty stuff that I bought from Halfords
* wash and polish body (Saskia's, not mine) and go for a nice long drive
to check that everything is ok and to have fun in the hopefully sunny
weather!
* drink beer
* light bbq

And my question is: Is this a sensible order to do these jobs in?

cheers all,
John
http://www.spit1500.co.uk/