Re: Horns

To: "Bradley D Richardson" <bradrichardson@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: Horns
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:51:18 -0500
Brad asked -

> For safety purposes, I'm thinking I'd like to upgrade my 79 Spitfire's
> horns to something LOUDER!!!
>
> Has anyone done this, with a fairly simple conversion?  If so, would you
> mind sharing the details?

Brad,  Two or three years ago I replaced mine with GM units from a
cannibalized 79 Monte Carlo.  Can't remember the specific details, but it
was fairly easy - a little bracket bending and a couple of holes drilled -
and used the same wiring.  The result is great - a very macho BIG noise from
a little car.

I'll take a digi-pic in a little while and email it directly to you.

Cheers,  Ree G. in Mexico, NY  -  FM73070U O