Re: Trim ring

To: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Trim ring
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, David Templeton wrote:

> Well it has happened, take a corner at 35mph and the unmistakable sound of
> tink, tink, clunk.
>
> Stop the car and check and see no trim ring on the rear drivers side tire.
> Oops, and a car is stopped on the other side of the road. The very nice
> gentleman pulls the ring from under his car and asks "yours??".
>
> Out comes a mangled sort of oval. So, I am in search for a trim ring for a
> factory rim? Can anyone help, I don't want to by a set.

I don't have it here with me, but I think they were listed in the
Moss Motors Sale catalog that came in the mail in the last couple
days.  I know the feeling.  I hit a really bad bridge joint coming
home from work a couple weeks ago and heard the familiar "tink tink
tink".  A quick look in the mirror revealed one of them traveling at
an easy 50 MPH down I81.  That is, until a car in the next lane over
flattened it out. :-)  Luckily, they were getting pretty badly pitted
anyway and they are pretty low on the list of things the car needs.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |