manual choke screw needed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: manual choke screw needed
From: "BJ Martin" <bj_martin@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:30:24
I'm trying to replace my Stromberg autochoke carb with one that has a manual
choke that I picked up a while back. I am currently rebuilding the one with
the manual choke and I find that one of the 2 screws holding it on has been
replaced with an incorrect one. It appears that the correct screw is highly
specific and has slightly different threads than any of the other screws on
the carb. The other screws have 32 threads/inch (12.6/cm) while the correct
one has 31/in (12.2/cm). I would really like to use the correct one as the
incorrect one has already destroyed about half the threads in the carb body
(soft aluminum, you know).

Anyone out there have a spare _correct_ screw for the manual choke that they
can part with? (about 3/4" long, countersunk, dome headed, single slot,
31/in)

I'd appreaciate it. Thanks, brent