Zenith car very rich

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Zenith car very rich
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:47:32 -0400
I know I've seen this discussed many times on this list, and have saved most
of the replies.  But based on the number of times this has been brought up
and the replies, I think most of the replies went streight to the people with
the problems.  So I'm hoping that someone that has fixed the problem can help
me.

I'm trying to get my 77 1500 back on the road.  Ever since I've owned it, it
has gotten rotten gas milage.  I thought it was due to a leak from the plug
on the bottom of the float bowl.  I've gotten a rebuild kit for it and rebuilt
it.  Now I know that there is something else wrong.  When I start her up,
my exhaust is black.  I've pulled the plugs and they are black.  The exhaust
also smells.

I've been slowly working on numberous other problems on the car, and am now
ready to really tackle the carb.  So I'm wondering what others have done to
fix their RICH carbs.  So far, I haven't tried anything other than a rebuild
kit.  I haven't adjusted the needle or anything.  I can't believe that there
is that much adjustment in the needle.

Anyone know how to adjust that air mixture thing on the side?

TIA

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan