Re: (no subject)

To: Bobpcoe@aol.com, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
Spitlisters,
When I do finally have to address this problem I plan
to use stainless steel roll pins. Here is the blurb
from the McMaster-Carr website (NFI, etc):

"Spring pins are also known as roll, tension, split,
and expansion pins. Recommended hole size is the same
as the diameter.
     Type 420 Stainless Steel Shear strength greater
than 18-8 stainless steel. Magnetic and mildly
corrosion resistant. 18-8 Stainless Steel More
corrosion resistant than Type 420 stainless steel and
only slightly magnetic. Zinc-Plated Steel Corrosion
resistant and magnetic. Plain Steel Unplated and
magnetic heat-treated 1070-1095 carbon steel."

Uninstalled, these are a bit larger than the nominal
size. On installation, they are compressed slightly by
the walls of the hole. Spring tension holds them in
place. They are thus forgiving of worn or oversized
holes.

I believe that the Spitfire pins are 1/16" x 3/8"
You can get a bag of 100 for $2.00 US

Here is the URL of the catalog:

http://www.mcmaster.com

enter 'roll pins' in the search field on the left, hit
'find'

Now, what to do with the remaining 98 roll pins ...?

Carter

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/