RE: J-type O/D Wiring

To: "'M Klish'" <mwk_gjco@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: J-type O/D Wiring
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:18:44 +0100

The switch on the gearbox is an inhibitor which allows overdrive to work in
3rd and 4th only. The lower gears won't be so much of a problem (though
overdrive is unlikely to work very well in those gears due to reduced
operating pressure) but operation in reverse is usually catastrophic because
of the one-way clutch. Trust me, you really don't want to bypass the
switch......
        Cheers,
                Bill.

    /============\
 _/                \_     If you prick us, do we not bleed?
/  \______________/  \    If you tickle us, do we not laugh?
\__/ _____  _____ \__/    If you poison us, do we not die?
|    \    ||    /    |    and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?